Richard III and the Princes in the Tower

Richard III and the Princes in the TowerRichard III and the Princes in the Tower by A.J. Pollard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As a person that is fascinated with history, particularly English history and very particularly the Wars of the Roses, I find this book almost perfect.

The conclusion it draws is natural, logical and based on fact.

But if you are one of those people (that I am meeting more and more frequently in online forums) that believe that everything bad ever written about Richard is Tudor propaganda, you will not like this book. It is not anti-Richard, but it explores the facts, and the facts are that not everything that Richard did can be seen in a positive light and if you are not willing to accept that, you should not read this.

I like it when a history book shows the good and the bad, I like the logical approach and I find it well-written and easy enough to be read, even if you are not an expert in history. If that is what matters to you, you will like this book.

View all my reviews

Comments