The Woodvilles: The Wars of the Roses and England's Most Infamous Family

The Woodvilles: The Wars of the Roses and England's Most Infamous FamilyThe Woodvilles: The Wars of the Roses and England's Most Infamous Family by Susan Higginbotham
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Woodvilles are not such a famous family, so I am assuming that whoever wants to read a book about them has at least basic knowledge of England in the Wars of the Roses. For this reason, it is quite OK that it is obvious that some prior knowledge is very helpful in reading this book. The book in itself is brilliantly written - it could be read as a novel and yet manages to offer a lot of information. I like the fact that it takes an unbiased approach and manages to steer clear of the temptation to accept myths as fact. I highly recommend it to everyone who wants to know more about the Wars of the Roses.

View all my reviews

Comments